The following information is found within City of Milton Code of Ordinances:
(1) Each candidate, whether federal, state, county or city, displaying or causing to be displayed any political campaign advertisement within the city shall make a good faith effort to remove all of his or her political campaign advertisements within 30 days after:
a. Withdrawal of his or her candidacy;
b. Having been eliminated as a candidate; and
c. Being elected to office. However, the candidate shall not be required to remove those political campaign advertisements which are in the form of approved general advertising signs used by an outdoor advertising business as provided in F.S. Ch. 479. The provisions herein shall not apply to political campaign advertisements placed on motor vehicles, or campaign messages designated to be worn by a person.
d. The city clerk shall notify all candidates whose political campaign advertisements might be displayed in the city in writing of the provisions of this section by U.S. mail or by hand delivery.
(2) No political campaign advertisement shall be erected, posted, painted, tacked, nailed or otherwise displayed, placed or located on or above the right-of-way of any street or highway located within the city, or affixed to any tree located within the city.
(3) If political campaign advertisements are not removed within the specified period, the city shall have the authority, through the code enforcement officer, to remove such advertisements and to charge the candidate the actual cost of removal, or the sum as currently established or as hereafter adopted by resolution of the city council from time to time, whichever is greater. Funds collected for removing such advertisements shall be deposited to the city's general revenue.
Santa Rosa County Political Sign Regulations:
Political signs must meet the following requirements:
1. Maximum size of any temporary sign erected in the county shall be 32 square feet and maximum height is 25 feet.
2. All temporary political signs must be installed on private property.
3. All temporary political signs installed in the county shall be removed within 21 days of the time a candidate is elected or eliminated from the race. Signage is not allowed in or on county right of way.
Florida Department of Transportation Regulations for Political Signage
No political signs are allowed in or on Florida Department of Transportation right of way.