Historic Preservation Board
- 7 voting members – 6 members that are City residents and/or owns property in City limits with 1 member that is a non-resident that possess skills in historic preservation.
- 2nd Thursday at 5:30 p.m.
- 4 years (with option of reappointment)
- Unified Development Code
Description of Duties
- The Historic Preservation Board (HPB) purpose is to the preservation and protection of buildings of historic significance.
- The HPB shall issue a certificate of appropriateness for renovations or alterations to regulated historic structures within the Historic District.
- The HPB shall require evidence of a certificate of appropriateness prior to authorizing the development order of building permit approvals for historic structures.
- All minutes of the Historic Preservation Board shall be filed with the Planning and Development Department.
Note: Appointed members of City boards and committees are required by law to file a financial disclosure with the Florida Commission on Ethics. The reporting form and instructions will be sent to appointed members each year through the Santa Rosa County Supervisor of Elections office.
If you are interested in serving on any of the Boards, please call 983-5411 or fill out the Board Survey form (PDF).
|Vernon Compton (Chairman)||October 7, 2023|
|Theresa Messick||October 7, 2023|
|Mike Lewis (Vice-Chairman)||December 13, 2021|
|Stephen Jernigan||July 9, 2021|
|Carol Johnstone||November 14, 2021|
|Nathan Sutrick||February 9 2025|
|Brian McGuire||February 9, 2025|