Board of Adjustments
- 7 voting members (No Restrictions)
- Last Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m.
- 3 years (with
- LDR & Code of Ordinances
Description of Duties
The Board of Adjustments powers and duties are described as follows:
- Shall hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by any board, department or committee in the administration and application of the Land Development Regulations.
- Shall hear and decide only such special exceptions as the Board of Adjustments is specifically authorized to consider by the terms of the Land Development Regulations, To grant or deny special exceptions with such conditions and Safeguards as are appropriate with the Land Development Regulations.
- To authorize upon appeal in specific cases such variance from the terms of the Land Development Regulations as will not be contrary to the public interest.
All minutes of the Board of Adjustments shall be filed with the Planning and Development Department.
Appointed members of City boards and committees are required by law to file a financial disclosure with the Florida Commission on Ethics. The reporting form and instructions will be sent to appointed members each year through the Santa Rosa County Supervisor of Elections office.
If you are interested in serving on any of the Boards, please call 983-5411 or fill out the Board Survey form (PDF).
Members and Term
|Dennis Rogers||August 10, 2020|
|Ricky Downs, Jr.||July 11, 2020|
|September 13, 2019|
|Kristopher Long||September 13, 2019|
|Douglas W. Whitfield (Chairman)||March 8, 2020|
|Teresa R. Perrine-Dreher||July 9, 2019|
|Michael Cusack||September 11, 2021|